Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Easy Bread

If you like a crusty bread such as French, Foccacia, or sourdough, you will love this bread. I am not a great bread maker, but this is unbelievably easy. My uncle sent me this recipe, along with the link to You Tube, where he found it. You must watch the video & do exactly as he shows. There is an added bonus with the video, Jim Mortenson is very entertaining!

I have made it about 4 times this past week & it turns out every time. I will confess that I don't let it set overnight. That takes too long, so when I get it stirred up in my bowl, I just set it over a pan of warm water, like I would do with any yeast bread to let it rise. It turns out exactly the same. I let it rise 4-6 hours, depending on what I am doing. The beauty of this bread is that it's not fussy. It just hangs out until you are ready to deal with it...my kind of breadmaking!


I bake it in the pie tin, like he shows & when it comes out of the oven, I brush the top with butter, but you wouldn't have to.

I am only listing the ingredients because you need to watch the video for the details of shaping it. You need to give this a try, it is so good & so easy. It's great for panini's, garlic toast, or grilled cheese.

3 C. flour
1 1/2 C. water
1/4 t. yeast
2 t. salt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E68iNfRHBpI

1 comment:

David said...

Thru the wonders of technology I am reading your blog on my company laptop as I cruise down I 44 toward St. Louis. My co-driver just took over and I’m surfing blogs to pass the time. Good Grief! This computer is about to short out from the drool coming off my chin. EVERYTHING sounds soooo good. It will be Thursday at the earliest that I will be home for an Erin home-cooked-meal. It’s fast food at truck stops until then. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for the cheese ball and goodies.


dd