Thursday, December 4, 2008

Carrot Cake

This recipe was given to me by Evelyn Mayab about 36 years ago. I had just got married & at the time she was married to my husband's cousin. Although her marriage didn't last, our friendship did. This is the only recipe that I have ever used for Carrot Cake, as you cannot improve on perfection. I have had tons of compliments on it over the years & since it was well received again at Thanksgiving, I decided to share it. Enjoy!

CARROT CAKE

CREAM: 4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 ½ c. vegetable oil

ADD: 2 c. sifted flour
2 t. baking soda
3 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt

ADD LAST: 3 c. grated carrots (1 lb. of carrots)

Bake in 350 degree oven until done. Can bake in layer pans or 9 x 13 pan.


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:

½ stick butter or margarine
8 oz. Cream cheese
1 lb. Powdered sugar
2 t. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts

Mix all together until creamed well. Stir in nuts.

No comments: